Neurotic Fishbowl: Back to the Land of the Living


« Monday Mission 2.9 | Main Index | Become a WaveMaker »
comments | incoming pings | outgoing pings

strtotime ("March 4, 2002 06:36 PM")) { ?>

Back to the Land of the Living

Here's a little update on how the doctor's visit was:

I was a little nervous this morning once I got there, but not too anxious. They started the IV and wheeled me into the room and the whole time I'm thinking, "Shouldn't I be feeling drowsy by now? Why the hell isn't the medicine working?" They sprayed some stuff in my mouth that puts your mouth completely to sleep and tastes awful and then made me bite down on this plastic ring. It had a hole in the middle, so I guess it was to help guide the scope. I'm really starting to get anxious at this point because they're bringing equipment in, turning the monitors on that show what the camera is seeing, etc. My motto when it comes to medical procedures that are being done on me is, "Ignorance is bliss." I don't want to know a damn thing that you're getting ready to do to me. The nice nurse then comes in and says the magic words, "We're going to start your medicine now. This should make you sleepy. It will sting a bit." The last thing I remember is thinking, "That does hurt. Ow ow ow o...." and then I woke up as they were wheeling me out. Ah, the miracle of modern medicine!

I got home around 11:00 and did a few things like checking e-mail and making sure there were no work emergencies that needed to be handled and I went to sleep. I slept almost four hours, but I still feel a little tired. I'm developing a headache, too, which totally sucks. Anyone know if you can take Excedrin after an endoscopy?

They did find some minor gastritis, which is basically an inflammation of the stomach. They gave me some guidelines (don't eat before you go to bed, take your medicine, etc.), but none of it wasn't anything I expected. I believe they are doing a biopsy on their findings, so we'll see if that turns anything up. I go see my GP on the 21st and they want me to schedule a follow-up with the scope doctor (I just like calling him that) next month. I guess until then it's business as usual. Thanks to everyone who wished me well. I really do appreciate it! :-)

.: Posted March 4, 2002 06:36 PM in Daily Ramblings, ";print substr($entry_cats, 0, -2); ?> :.



Sweetie, I am so glad you are OK and nothing horribly substantial transpired :) relax sweetie--lots of love and warm, fuzzy thoughts going your way :)

.: felicia said on March 4, 2002 06:58 PM :: link it :.

Oh, that's great! Unlike mine, which turned out to be Barrett's Esophagus and Hiatal Hernia. In other words... drugs, drugs, drugs for the rest of my life or until surgery is improved.

.: meryl said on March 4, 2002 06:59 PM :: link it :.

Ohh- I'm glad the experience wasn't too unpleasant and that it's over. Now you can relax!

.: chel said on March 5, 2002 06:39 AM :: link it :.

You're too early! Come back at March 4, 2002 06:36 PM to see this post.

Post a comment*:
{HTML ok, IP address logged}


E-mail Address: (Optional)

URL: (Optional)

Add a smilie (launches smilie 'palette')


Remember info?

Subscribe to post
Unsubscribe to post
(e-mail field must be filled in)
Enter e-mail address to subscribe/unsubscribe to comments on this post without having to post a comment:
Subscribe to post
Unsubscribe to post
(e-mail field must be filled in) -->

* Please note: Comments that are inappropriate will be deleted - mean, spiteful, rude comments. Don't let that stop you from posting comments. Just wanted to let you know the rules of the house.